Newborn Poppy

Newborn Poppy

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Time for genreal anesthesia

So off we got to see Dr. Styer for my pre-op appointment ready for my hysteroscopic myomectomy. Robert actually comes with me as he is finally realizes that I am a total and utter basket case about this. I am wound up leaving the house as we had had to call the police last night because of the teenagers shooting their air pistols/BB guns whatever you want to call them at the house. I wasn't actually that scared until I looked out the kitchen window and one of the little bastards was pointing his pistol at me. I have visions of coming home to at best a severely egged house at worst windows out or the house jusy burned down. Oh God we need to move. All this happens just a day or so after my landlady has been asking if we would ever consider buying the house! Puhleeze.
But enough of our ghetto adventures. We get to yawkey 10, and the adorabel MA takes us back to the exam room. Oh oh - something is wrong here - the ultrasound machine is there. I look at her - I am sure my eyes are like saucers.
"Am I having an scan?" I squeek
"Oh yes, he just wants to do one more pre-op"
Robert beats a hasty retreat to the waiting room, while I once again undress from the waist down, worry because I haven't shaved my legs, lie on the tabel, cover myself with the paper sheet and put my feet inthe stirrups. I don't even have to be directed to the right position anymore - my butt just wiggles into place.
Now I will give Dr. S credit it was far less painful than when the radiologist did a hysterosonogram but all the same to sneak one up on a girl - no fair!

But surgery is scheduled for Monday August 18th. I am truely scared and I don't really know why. I trust him, it is minor compared to other surgeries I have had yet I am nauseous with fear and anxiety. There are so many what ifs circling my brain right now. I know I need to sleep but I am so totally overwhelmed with all of this now.

No comments: